At about half the size of the acclaimed OP-1 synthesizer, but with more DSP power and energy efficiency, the Teenage Engineering OP-Z is their most advanced portable synthesizer and sequencer to date. Music is just the beginning — the OP-Z is capable of image and 3D graphics sequencing, as well as DMX light sequencing. In total, you have 16 audio or control tracks that can contain sequences, even with independent track speeds and lengths.
And with an updated Tape feature for capturing ideas and mangling sounds, the Teenage Engineering OP-Z is one of the most advanced portable sequencers available.
Use Step Components for endlessly animated sequences
While the Teenage Engineering OP-Z offers 16 tracks of sequencing, you can add unique step behaviors to every individual step for unlimited sonic possibilities. There are 14 different types of Step Components, each with 10 values, for a total of 140 ways to alter any step in any sequence. Producers and VJ's are highly impressed at all the variations you can apply to notes, parameter changes, re-trigs, 3D graphics and much more.
Use your iOS device as a screen, and more
Download the OP-Z app to your phone or tablet and use it as a graphic interface for the OP-Z. And that's just the start — connecting to the OP-Z allows you to use your device's camera to snap a series of photos and arrange them to a beat. You can also create custom graphics, patterns, a color palette or stop motion videos, using any artwork or photos in your iOS device's camera roll or Dropbox folder.
Full Unity 3D integration
The Teenage Engineering OP-Z can be fully integrated with the Unity game engine, which can be used to create amazing 3D graphics that can run at full speed on iPhone and iPad devices. Additionally, unity users will have access to the inner control data of the OP-Z, allowing them to create Unity visuals that can be sequenced on the OP-Z.
- Advanced 16-track synthesizer and sequencer
- Independent length and speed for each sequencer track
- Supports audio, MIDI, and Trg Track sequencing
- Supports image and 3D graphics sequencing, as well as DMX light sequencing
- 160 user-programmable patterns, with endless pattern chaining
- Modular effects architecture
- Choose from 14 Step Components to alter the behavior of any individual sequence track step
- Completely portable with next-gen rechargeable battery and built-in mic
- Free OP-Z iOS app allows you to pair an iOS device for use as a screen and graphics processor
- Compatible with any iOS device that is Apple Metal Graphics Certified
- Equipped with Analog Devices Blackfin 70X DSP and Cirrus Logic audio co-processor with 24-bit/48kHz DAC
- 6-axis motion sensor (g-force) can be assigned to any synthesizer parameter
- Includes USB C to USB A cable for charging and control
- Type:Portable Beat Production with Sequencer
- Internal Sound Engine:16
- Screen:Pair with iOS device
- Sounds:Kick, Snare, Percussion, Bass, Lead, Arpeggio, Chords
- Manufacturer Presets:160 user programmable patterns
- Sequencer:16-track multimedia sequencer (midi, cv, trigger, image, 3D graphic, DMX lighting), 14 multi-program step components
- Effects Types:Delay, Reverb, Filters, Tremolo and more (upgradeable modular effects)
- Analog Outputs:1 x 1/8" TRS (line out)
- MIDI I/O:USB
- Other I/O:Built-in MEMS microphone
- USB:1 x Type USB-C
- Bluetooth:v5.0 LE
- Software:OP-Z app
- Power Supply:Battery powered