The WA-47jr is an FET transformerless version of the highly renowned classic '47 microphone that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-47jr is fully discrete, has 3 polar patterns and is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications. The WA-47jr sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
The WA-47jr utilizes a custom k47 style capsule reproduction, designed with the same hole pattern and frequency response as the vintage design. Warm Audio's version of this capsule (model# WA-47-B-80v) is manufactured by an Australian capsule manufacturer with careful precision and repeatability that allows the most important sonic piece of the classic mic to be heard and influence the tone and signature of the WA-47jr. The WA47jr's low-noise and discrete signal path, when paired with this excellent true '47 style capsule, allows it to obtain a very similar tone to the classic '47 microphone, but at a much lower price tag. The WA-47jr utilizes the same k47 style capsule found in Warm Audio's flagship WA-47 tube condenser microphone.
The WA-47jr circuit uses high quality Toshiba FET's, Wima film capacitors and Panasonic electrolytic capacitors. The circuit is modernized and more simple than the classic '47 tube microphone, but the components and circuitry are top-notch, and have a sound quality and tone that punches far above anything we've ever heard in this price range.
We at Warm Audio are very excited to bring this 47 style FET condenser microphone and classic tone to the market at such an affordable price. We feel confident that you will enjoy a lifetime of beautiful recordings with the WA-47jr.
Package Includes: Microphone, Shockmount, Hardmount, Zipper storage pouch.
3 Polar Patterns: Cardiod, Figure-Of-Eight & Omnidirectional
High Pass Filter: A 70hz high pass filter is available for reducing rumble and other subsonic information.
-10dB Pad: A -10dB pad switch is available on the WA-47jr. The pad exists internally within the active circuitry.
• Transformerless '47 style condenser microphone
• Custom true '47 capsule reproduction (k47 style)
• Capsule makeup: Gold sputtered, dual large diaphragm, single backplate, 6 microns NOS mylar (PET film).
• Fully discrete signal path, Toshiba FETs, Wima film capacitors, Panasonic electrolytic capacitors.
• Polar Patterns: Cardioid, figure-of-eight, and omnidirectional.
• High-pass filter: 70Hz
• Pad: -10db
• Self-noise: 9dBA
• Dynamic range: 138dBA
• Maximum SPL: 147/157dB (@1kHz 1kOhms 0.5% THD, 0/-10dB)
• Frequency Range: 20 Hz~20 kHz
• Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa or -40dB
• Output Impedance: 100 ohms
• Rated Load Impedance: >= 1kOhms
• Maximum output: 16dBu @1kHz, 1kOhms, 0.5% THD
• S/N Ratio: 85dBA (IEC651)
• Equivalent Noise: 9dBA (IEC651)
• Dynamic Range: 138dBA (IEC651)
• 48v phantom powered
• 3-Pin Gold-Plated XLR
• Includes: Shockmount, hardmount, zipper storage pouch
• Nickel Plated
• Weight: 1.1 lbs
• Diameter: 52mm
• Length: 210mm