The H4n Pro isn't just improved, it's superior in every way. With advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and a super-low noise floor, you can record everything from the Indy 500 to the fluttering of a hummingbird with extraordinary realism.
The H4n Pro is packed with features that make it perfect for capturing audio for film. The onboard X/Y microphones deliver spectacular stereo imaging, and two combo input jacks allow you to use your favorite microphones as well. It also includes a headphone/line out jack to easily send high-definition stereo directly to your camera.
The Pro is perfect for capturing live performances. Capable of handling up to 140 dB SPL, it can record everything from ear-splitting heavy metal to bass-heavy EDM. Take a line-level* stereo feed from your mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones to put your listeners front row center.
The two locking combo connectors accept either XLR or ¼" balanced/unbalanced phone cables, handling mic- and line-level signals as well as instrument-level signals. Phantom Power of +24 or +48 volts can be applied to both inputs. Plus, there’s a stereo 1/8” Mic jack for external audio sources, including lavalier microphones requiring 2.5 volts of plug-in power.
A stereo ?" Line/Phone Out, with dedicated volume control, allows for headphone monitoring or connection to your DSLR, while the built-in monophonic speaker allows for quick playback reference. In addition, a USB port enables fast file transfer, firmware updates, and use as a 2-in/2-out audio interface for computers.
A new rubberized, ergonomic body is perfect for use in the field or with a camera, while new locking XLR/TRS connectors ensure your mic cables stay secure. Highly portable, the H4n Pro can travel anywhere for convenient mobile recording.
STEREO MODE uses the built-in X/Y microphones (or external mics) and is convenient for recording live performances, acoustic instruments, dialogue, and more.
In 4CH MODE, you can record with the built-in X/Y mics and two external inputs simultaneously, great for getting live room sound and a stereo board feed at the same time.
MTR MODE (Multi-track Mode) turns your device into a four-track studio, with built-in effects, overdub functions, and the ability to work with previously recorded sound files.
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90? and 120?
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- New rubberized and ergonomic body with improved 1.9 inch backlit LCD display
- Built-in reference speaker for fast playback
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Onboard Mid-Side decoding
- Internal mixdown: four-track to stereo and stereo to dual mono
- Up to 99 marks per recording
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- Normalize (maximum gain) and Divide (file splitting) functions
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback with user-defined start and stop points
- Variable playback speed, from 50% to 150%, without affecting pitch
- Variable pitch without affecting playback speed
- USB port for file transfer to and from computer
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
|Number of simultaneous recording tracks:||
2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 2 (MTR mode)
|Number of simultaneous playback tracks:||
2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 4 (MTR mode)
|Recording time 4 GB (SDHC):||
Approx. 380 minutes (WAV 44.1 kHz / 16-bit stereo track)
|Maximum file size of simultaneous recording:||
Punch-in/out, Bounce, A-B repeat
Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, DADGAD
|Metronome sound sources:||
1/4 - 8/4, 6/8, unaccentuated
40.0 - 250.0 BPM
24-bit × 128 oversampling
24-bit × 128 oversampling
SD card (16 MB – 2 GB), SDHC card (4 GB – 32 GB)
128 x 64 dots Full-dot backlit LCD
|DATA TYPE - WAV FORMAT (RECORD/PLAY)|
16- / 24-bit
44.1 / 48 / 96 kHz
|DATA TYPE - MP3 FORMAT (RECORDING)|
48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
|DATA TYPE - MP3 FORMAT (PLAYBACK)|
32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
44.1 / 48 kHz
|Input  :||
XLR (balanced input) / standard phone (unbalanced input) combo jack
(Using balanced input) 3 kΩ or more, pin 2 hot
(Using balanced input) −16 dB to +43 dB
|Built-in stereo mic:||
Unidirectional condenser microphone
Mini stereo phone jack
LINE Output load impedance: 10 kΩ or more
400 mW 8 Ω
48V, 24V, OFF
USB 2.0 High Speed Mass Storage Class operation, Audio interface operation
DC 5V 1A AC from AC adapter (ZOOM AD-14), 2 x AA batteries
IEC R6 (size AA) x 2
|Continuous recording time:||
73 (W) × 157.2 (D) × 37 (H) mm
* 0 dBm = 0.755 Vrms