Podcasters looking for the right mic to bring professional-quality sound to their productions on YouTube, FaceBook, Twitch, and elsewhere have a great option with the PodMic from Rode.
This cost-effective, stylish, end-address dynamic XLR microphone is specifically tuned for speech and broadcast.
Tailor-made for use with the RODECaster Pro podcast production studio and PSA1 broadcast arm, it can also be plugged into a wide range of pro audio gear to deliver broadcast-quality sound.
- Podcast in Any Environment
- Most podcasts happen in bedrooms, home studios, or offices with less than perfect acoustics and noises coming from the outside. The PodMic features a dynamic capsule with a tight cardioid polar pattern, great for picking up the speaker while reducing unwanted sounds that are further away or off to the sides.
- Get Close to Your Mic
- With its end-address design, the PodMic invites you to get right up close and create intimate, broadcast-style voice recordings with a deep and warm tone. Its compact size lets you and your guests see each other and enjoy an open and comfortable talking experience, while the mic stays out of the camera's way when videocasting.
- Built to Last
- Solid-brass construction with a hard-wearing matte-black ceramic finish ensures that the PodMic will continue to deliver the same level of performance over the years, while still looking great.
- Clean Speech without Distractions
- The PodMic's internal pop filter and double-mesh housing work to effectively reduce distracting breath and plosive noises (as in "s", "p", and "b" sounds) without the need for an unsightly external pop filter.
- Protect Your Sound from Vibrations
- The internal shockmount helps to isolate the PodMic from handling noise and vibrations when you are adjusting the mic or if there's a bump or knock on the table. The integrated swing mount that holds the mic further insulates it from low-frequency noises, which could ruin your audio.
- Swing into the Right Position
- The PodMic has two wing nuts on each side of its built-in mount, allowing you to quickly swing the mic into the right orientation and lock it into place. Mounting the PodMic on the PSA1 broadcast boom arm (available separately) gives you the added flexibility to position the microphone exactly where you want it.
- Get Professional Results
- Pair the PodMic with the powerful RODECaster Pro podcast production studio to leverage the most out of your microphone. Select the PodMic microphone preset in the RODECaster Pro audio options and matching digital signal processing is automatically applied, giving your voice the depth, presence, and hint of shimmer associated with top professional radio broadcasters.
|Frequency Range||50 Hz to 13 kHz|
|Sensitivity||Cardioid: -57 dB at 1 kHz|
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Length||6.77" / 172 mm|
|Diameter||4.29" / 109 mm|
|Weight||2.06 lb / 937 g|