Introducing iRig Pads, a full-featured ultra-portable 16-pad MIDI groove controller for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch as well as Mac and PC.
An extremely versatile system, it lets you make beats, launch loops, mix like a DJ and a whole lot more no matter whether you’re on stage, in the studio or anywhere between.
It’s the ultimate travel companion for the mobile electronic music producer on the go.
iRig Pads is so portable that you can take it with you anywhere. It’s smaller than an iPad and less than 1” thick (23mm). It features a slim, compact and lightweight design that can be slipped into any backpack or laptop bag and carried around with ease. And for even greater portability it’s been designed with ultra low-consumption, which means it’s fully functional as soon as you connect it into its host device — You don’t need a power adaptor. Just plug it in to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch via its included Lightning cable (30-pin connector sold separately) or your Mac or PC via its included USB cable and start groovin’.
You’ll enjoy incredible tactile control thanks to iRig Pads’ 4x4 grid of 16 velocity-sensitive, backlit multicolor rubber pads. Each pad lights up in multiple colors - red, green, orange and every shade in between – depending on the velocity of your playing and the MIDI information sent by your chosen music app or software.
But iRig Pads does more than your average mobile pad-based MIDI controller. Its full set of controls — two knobs, two pushbuttons, one slider and one pushbutton rotary encoder — provides a versatility that lets you be in control in any situation. All controls are MIDI assignable and customizable: Up to 16 distinct MIDI maps or “scenes” can be saved and recalled instantly for full control of apps and software. It comes with 6 pre-programmed default scenes that allow it to work with popular apps and software right out of the box.
- Ultra-portable MIDI pad controller and groove production station for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch plus Mac and PC
- Extremely small size with a slim form factor that can be taken with you anywhere
- 16-velocity-sensitive backlit rubber pads that light multiple colors depending on velocity and outgoing and incoming MIDI messages
- Two MIDI knobs, two pushbuttons, one slider and a pushbutton rotary encoder, all programmable
- 16 user-programmable MIDI scenes for instant recall of custom MIDI maps
- Features pre-programmed MIDI scenes for SampleTank for iPhone and iPad with more coming soon
- Fully MIDI class-compliant
- Perfect for making beats, cueing loops and Djing
- Lightning connector and USB cable included
- Expression/sustain pedal input
- USB port can supply power when connected to iOS devices for no battery drain