The Coriolis effect is an illusion produced by a rotating frame of reference that causes a moving object’s trajectory to appear altered — in short, it twists your perceptions.
Catalinbread’s Coriolis Effect pedal does the same thing to your guitar signal.
Turn down the Velocity and Acceleration controls, and you’ll experience a dramatic tone shift as your pitch dives to unimaginable lows and your high frequencies fade away. Stomp on the Hold footswitch and you’ll freeze time, creating outrageous sustain or stuttering cacophony.
The Coriolis Effect pedal includes an expression pedal input for real-time control over its parameters and switchable buffered- or true-bypass operation.
Catalinbread describes the Coriolis Effect as a sustainer, wah, filter, pitch shifter, and harmonizer rolled into one. An apt description — it’s chock-full of sonic possibilities.
he Coriolis Effect pedal includes three main parameters. The Position knob controls your dry/wet mix. Velocity adjusts the pitch of your wet signal from no pitch shift all the way down to 0Hz. Acceleration is a 2-pole lowpass filter that ranges from an all-pass filter (everything gets through) to a no-pass filter (nothing gets through). You also get a Hold footswitch that stops any new sampling and loops the current sample.
If you pop off the Catalinbread Coriolis Effect pedal’s backplate, you’ll find two switches and a trim pot. The first switch selects between true-bypass and buffered-bypass operation (it’s set to true bypass by default). The second switch changes the expression pedal polarity from normal to reverse. And the trim pot enables you to adjust the pedal’s gain level.
- Effect pedal that twists your auditory perceptions in unique ways
- Position knob controls your dry/wet mix
- Velocity knob adjusts the pitch of your wet signal from no pitch shift all the way down to 0Hz
- Acceleration knob is a 2-pole lowpass filter that ranges from an all-pass to no-pass
- Hold footswitch stops any new sampling and loops the current sample
- Expression pedal input enables real-time control over the Acceleration or Velocity parameter
- Switchable true- or buffered-bypass operation
- Switchable normal or reverse expression pedal polarity
- Trim pot to adjust gain level
- Handbuilt in Portland, Oregon
- Pedal Type:Pitch Shift, Harmonizer, Effect Hold
- Inputs:1 x 1/4"
- Outputs:1 x 1/4"
- Other I/O:1 x 1/4" TRS (expression)
- True Bypass:Yes, switchable to Buffered
- Power Source:9V DC 100mA power supply (sold separately)
- Power Usage:70mA
- Weight:0.84 lbs.